30 May 2006

The Plans! The Plans!

One knows that plans often don't work out. I don't know how many times I've wanted to have a party or somekind of social event, I plan it, invite people, who are usually like "yeah, that sounds like fun" and stuff, and then they don't show. There are always very legitimate reasons, but they just can't make it, so the party is a no go. Keep it small, and only invite a few peple you know will be there. You can't ever KNOW they'll be there. And sometimes they can't come. And it's all understandable, but it's all annoying too.

I just set up plans for something, and things like this always go through my head... too much past experience I suppose...

K, I'm done.

LB

2 comments:

Lynn Green said...

Good advice. My wife and I give dinners once a month just to keep society going among our friends. We always invite 4 "regulars" usually 2 couples and then 2 "outsiders" people we may know but haven't invited before. That way we constantly expand our circle of friends. Twice a year, at the beginnings of winter and summer break, we have a larger party where we invite all who will. Usually about 20 people are able to show up.

Cinderella said...

This may not be much of a consolation, but I definitely know the feeling.