11 July 2007

Food

I love food, but I've really come to hate preparing it (for just myself) and I hate spending money on it. The reason is simple. With my metabolism, I literally spend more money on food than I do on rent, and that's when I'm cooking for just myself which, when I eat properly, is a bazillion times a day. Seriously, I could eat what would be a meal for a normal person every hour of the blessed day.

Yay for me, right? I can eat so much and I don't gain any weight... I can eat anything I want (except for being allergic to chocolate)... Wondrous life. Not really. People don't realize how monotonous it can get (that word is monotonous... wow) to be eating constantly or starve. I literally get tired of chewing before I get full. I get busy working on something, and I keep having to stop so I can eat more food. I eat pasta by the 2 quart potfull, and I'm hungry again in a couple of hours. Starving, I dare say. I hate having to buy more food. Coming from a poorish family, I have problems spending money on food that's not seriously on sale. I have to go shopping at least once a week, bring back enough food for a family of four, and hope it lasts me until next week, which it only will if I starve myself. Making me somewhat malnourished, more cranky, and getting my stomach mad at me.

It's a conflicted viewpoint, because I do like having this metabolism but, unlike most people think, it does have it's downsides.

That said, I need to eat again.

Lone Barbarian

1 comment:

Julie said...

I put a link to your blog on my blog. Feel honored.