19 May 2006

Focus changes

I look at what I have been doing, what I was going for, and I realize that everything I was going to do (when I was a child) has changed. Almost. There are just a couple of things that are going to stay the same as when I was a child, but there are some things that I'm planning on and working towards that, even when I was a child and believed anything was possible, I would have said I was just a little (or a lot) crazy.

That seems to be a recurring thing...

Anyway, the point is, people change, and often much more than we believe is possible. Some people think nothing ever changes, but in reality, everything stands in motion (oxymoron?). Seriously, everything is always moving. Even if we don't count the fact that we're on the Earth and that Earth is moving at thousands of miles per hour, time moves us on, and every little thing affects us. The Butterfly Effect it is called; the wind caused by the flutter of butterfly wings affects the weather on the other side of the globe. Or you could just say that out of small things great things come to pass. Thus, one cannot say that something doesn't affect them or that they are immune to those effects - desensitized, perhaps, but not unaffected or immune. Sometimes overnight you become someone else almost entirely, or it may take years for the change to take effect. Of course, you are really just changing your outer shell; the basic fundamental of who you are takes forever to change; the foundation is the last thing to remove when building anew.

I have changed so much, though not nearly as much as I want to in some areas. Still, there are some directions my life is going that I cannot see my way to without so much more change. So much change...

Heh. I never ramble this much on a public blog, but maybe I'm getting more use to it...

Night,
LB

1 comment:

Iras Malis Amtephrah Sokatsudo said...

"Here's the one sweet lesson of History:
Every soul is a mystery,
Faces change,
What you knew grows strange...

And we all have so many faces,
The real self often erases,
With all those lies,
Dancing in our eyes.

And we all are caught in the middle,
Of one long trecherous riddle,
Can I trust you?
Can you trust me too?
And we're all alone in this hell,
And we've all got secrets to sell,
'Till there comes a day,
When we sell our souls away."