11 October 2006

So I'm directing this show...

Ever take on a project that really freaks you out?

Just wondering...

Heh.

I'm directing a show this fall, and let me tell you, it's interesting to have the table reversed. I'm used to the acting side more than the production side of the theatre aspect. But it's fun, I've got a great cast, and life is good.

Blah...

I'm just a little nervous about it, because even though I've had the training to do this, I've never done a full length production before. It's like being taught how to drive a car and then going on the freeway for the first time. I'll do what I can, be careful, and things will probably be fine, but there is still going to be a strong element of the unknown here.

Seriously though, if I didn't have the people around me that I do to help me out (and most of them are other students), I wouldn't be nearly so optimistic about this production.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!

[shake it off, man, shake it off. just play it cool.]

LB

3 comments:

Julie said...

What? Come on man, you got me in your cast!! How can you worry about this show? Oh, I see how it is. You've got no confidence in my abilities. That's it, henceforth you shall double my pay for this show or else I'm done! Done, do you hear me?!

...Okay, just kidding, but really I do think you're a good director and the show will be fantastic. And you do call me by my full name when you see me, which I appreciate, though I have no problem with nicknames either. Yeah, that's all.

Julie said...

Um...I mean, just kidding except about the pay thing. Double what I'm getting now, or else.

Lone Barbarian said...

Twice nothing is still nothing.

But I'll double it anyway...



Wait, you get brownie points and kudos.

Those don't get doubled. It's like salt. Never double salt. Except in Mashed Potatoes.