14 January 2007

Done, not done, not sure, and sure

I'm done with School.

At least, I'm done for now. I think I would like to go to grad school, but I'm prolly gonna take a year off first, work, try to actually accomplish something while I'm here, write, compose, act, sing, fight, and if I work really hard, maybe make a movie or something exciting like that.

First though, I need to get a job...

Yet I'm not done here. I'm done with schooling here, but I'm not done being here. It just doesn't feel like it's time for me to leave this area yet, though I'm not sure what I have to do. Something I know, but I'm just not certain what.

One thing I have learned (again) in my time thinking after graduation: One cannot claim to be a victim of circumstances. Indeed, there are few who can, and they are usually the ones in Murder Mysteries who invariably get framed for the crime. No, we cannot claim victimhood, because it lies within us to accomplish anything. Are you missing a connection with people because they aren't connecting, or because you are afraid to reach out? Not engaged yet, but are you dating? Have a movie idea, but no funding. Have you gone in search of donors? Do you pitch the idea to people who could fund it? Do you feel as if you are missing but a few things in your life and if only you had the money... Have you looked at all the honorable paths? I'm not talking about robbing or swindling, I'm talking about work, collaboration, and pitching your cause. If you feel you have no support for your goals, go out and get it. Can't tell if a girl (or guy) likes you... Have you asked them? I didn't say there were easy solutions to dream barriers, only that there were possible ones. I think we need to get off our duffs (there's an archaic word) and get busy!

On that note, I'm getting some food.

LB

No comments: