24 October 2008

A sword! Oh Archimedes! A SWORD!

I Know! Can you believe it???

Every once in a while, you have something happen to you that just totally takes you by surprise. A friend of mine (former roomie, now married) just a little while ago, gave me a sword. JUST GAVE ME A SWORD. How cool is that? And it was just because I didn't have one, and he thought someone who did stage combat as much as he and I did should have a sword.

Kay's GOT to have a sword! (I love quoting movies... yes, it's true)

So now I can add it to my arsenal of otherwise boring weaponry (golf clubs, black painted wooden sword I had since I was like 10, fake light sabers, plastic baby sized He-Man sword, decoration battle ax that looks cool but is held together with hot glue... you know) and feel just a little bit special.

Yes it's a real sword! I mean, it's not sharpened; it's for stage use. But it's real notwithstanding. And that's a really long compound word. Notwithstanding. Not with standing what? or is it Not withstanding what? I know it isn't Notwith standing what? but none of those questions really say what it is that is not being with stood. Or withstood. Probably withstood. My brother would know...

Anyway, the point is, sometimes friends can just be impossibly cool. It would have taken me prolly a REALLY long time for me to be able to afford one on my own, since I'm living off of contracted work. Job to job. Check to check. The cool thing is it's all related to what I actually majored in. It'd be nicer if it was steady work (it's steadily coming contracted work, right now...). But I didn't major in steady work. I majored in I'll be looking for work all my life because every job I take will be temporary and that's the nature of the Entertainment business field. I know, long major name. Try filling that out on forms... Or putting it on your résumé. Or your wezoom! Murder, I'm telling you. You'll be held up in court for that. At knife point! They'll take your wallet and your watch! It's a Swatch? Can I go now?


And due to the hour (and the fact that I accidentally reset my computer) I begin to ponder the navigation of my sails of thought (Can't be a train of thought, because I was navigating; that implies a ship). Oh well. I hope those following don't hit the doldrums...

LB

No comments: